The Zone: Stalker Stories is a top-down RPG being developed by Illuminated Games, developers of The Next World and Golem Creation Kit. It features a unique blend of gameplay elements: inventory management, overworld exploration and quests, turn-based card battles, and a gripping story told in visual novel style.
The story follows the player's life as a 'mutant' with psychic powers, one of only a few thousand survivors in a strange and twisted city, working together with a colourful cast of NPCs to unravel some of the mysteries of the insane world they have inherited.
- Deckbuilding through inventory --the items
- A weird and fascinating world that rarely makes sense
- Tight, witty writing by industry veterans
- 'Confusion' mechanics to simulate the mental stress induced by the Zone
- Unique hand-drawn style that's neither cartoony nor pixel art
- Gather materials and complete research projects to unlock new items and passive abilities
"No one knows how or why the Event happened. Only that, in one instant, everything went mad. It shattered minds, twisted bodies into inhuman monsters, and turned the laws of nature inside out.
No one remembers what the world was like before. The new one is all kinds of wrong, filled with psychics, mutants, artifacts and anomalies where the very fabric of reality has been torn apart. A Zone in which death is only ever an inch away.